This manual will help you to install GOOSE VPN with OpenVPN on your TomatoUSB Router
2. Get your token
Open the following webpage in your browser: https://portal.goosevpn.com/download.php.
Click on Router
At the right side you will find your token. We advice you to copy this. You will need it later.
Click .ovpn files
Here you can find the servers you can choose. You will need the name of your desired server later in the installation.
3. Basic settings
Go to the Basic tab of your TomatoUSB router admin panel.
- Check "Start with WAN"
- Change "Interface Type" to TUN
- Change "Protocol" to TCP
- Enter the name of the server you want to use with port 443
- Change "Firewall" to Automatic
- Change "Authorization Mode" to TLS
- Check "Username/Password Authentication". For this you will need the token you copied in step 2.
- Check "Username Authen. Only"
- Disable "Extra HMAC authorization (tls-auth)"
- Check "Create NAT on tunnel"
4. Advanced settings
Go to the tab Advanced.
- Change "Accept DNS configuration" to Strict
- Change "Encryption cipher" to AES-256-CBC
- Change "Compression" to Adaptive
- Leave "TLS Renegotiation Time" on -1
- Leave "Connection Retry" on 30
- Enter the following details at "Custom Configuration":
keepalive 5 60
5. Keys settings
Go to the tab Keys.
- Enter "content ca.crt" as CA
6. Do the free online privacy check
To see if the VPN connection is set up correctly, you can use our free online privacy check. The website will immediately let you know if your connection is secured or not.
Does the website indicate that you are safe online?
Congratulations! You are now secure only with GOOSE VPN with OpenVPN on your TomatoUSB router.
Please contact our support team via our chat or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.